09 January 2011

Reflective Details

The fall quarter project was a tailored wool jacket from a basic block modified to our own design. In concordance with the theme of my final line, I decided to make this jacket with a cyclist in mind. The fabric is a vintage wool hounds tooth from my grandmother in Kansas.

Watercolor Sketch of Jacket with Shorts





Original pen and ink artwork placed into repeat and printed through Spoonflower.com. Lining is 100% silk.
Model wears Riding Jacket and Shorts. Flash photo shows illumination of reflective tape used on front welt pockets, bound button holes and covered buttons.

Left: Reflective tape in daylight with no flash appears as subtle black satin tape. Right: Back of jacket features secret zippered stash pocket hidden under three ruffles. Reflective piping at back sleeve seam and covered sleeve buttons. Shorts also have reflective welt pockets.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! I love your work. This jacket is amazing. I am looking for exactly this for my wedding. Would you consider making one for sale? Feel free to email me if yes! littlepurpleunicorn at yahoo dot com if you are into it.

    Regards,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete