16 July 2010

Stud-Dress

This one is a knock-off of a Kenneth Cole New York dress. 

It has princess lines, a shoulder yoke, front placket, kimono sleeves (so fun and easy to pattern!) thigh pockets, rolled cuff with button tab and stud detailing through-out.

 The hardest part about the pattern making was getting the proportions right. The biggest challenge for the sewing was that I used a poly satin that I found about 3 yards of at Value Village, and while it was a bargain, it was not worth the difficulty of working with. 

It was very slippery and I had so many seams with top-stitching, I had to work hard to avoid puckering.

Applying the studs was fun but time consuming. I had to use my awl to puncture the fabric  and then use pliers to secure the stud backs (like paper brads). 


I can't wait to wear it with my bobby-pin belt....more to come on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment